AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow publishing with Extents

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Westower
368 Views, 2 Replies

Extremely slow publishing with Extents

Op Sys: Windows XP SP3

AutoCAD Mech. 2012 with SP1 installed

Publish in Background = Off

When publishing with a page setup using Extents, it hangs for up to 2 minutes per page regardless of what printer it goes to and regardless of what paper size.

When publishing with a page setup using Layout, it's lightning fast, around 3 to 5 sec per page.

When publishing to a PDF file with a page setup using Extents, it's again lightning fast, 2 to 3 sec per page.

Plotting a single page using Extents, page center, not fit to page, also returns same results as publishing.  It will take 2 sometimes 3 minutes to print just that one page.  If Layout is chosen, it's super fast.

Anyone know what this could possibly be?

Because I'm in a large office using multiple files created by multiple people not everyone is on the same page over the last 10 years.  Page layouts vary thus the Extents option is the only real headacheless fix to print varying layouts.  Ergo I'm forced to publish to PDF first then print from PDF.  Would be nice to fix the speed issue for extents.

Thx in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: Westower

Hi,

Sorry, I could not reproduce this issue in my environment.(same you mentioned above)

Does this issue happen to some specific drawings? to some specific machines? If so, maybe a sample drawing is good to explore what the issue could be?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
Westower
in reply to: michaelsu

Update: 

I'm not allowed to upload files, I do apologize. 

-  It is not file specific.  All files from 2000 to 2012 are affected, some 10,000 files.

I have narrowed it down to a problem with a single printer.  The Xerox Colorqube 9203.  The file when spooling goes up to 177Mb per page.   This definitely accounts for the slowness.  This applies to publishing or plotting a single page.

It does not do this to the other printers on the network.

Going to need to try to uninstall the printer driver and re-install.  Will update if this fixes anything.  My computer is the only one having this issue.

Also it doesn't matter AutoCAD 2012 or Autocad Mechanical 2012.  Same results, it's why I think this is a printer issue unless anyone else has any ideas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost