AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPRESS TOOLS don't work

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Mike686
20052 Views, 13 Replies

EXPRESS TOOLS don't work

hi, i install the express tool after i installed autocad mechanical 2011 and the menu is there but none of the commands like auto text numeribg and explode attributes to text,  works..

any ideas why?

Product Design Suite 2017
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Mike686

Hi,

Try following steps and verify if it works.

Step 1 >> CUILOAD the cui file “acetmain.cuix”>>Express Tool panel is listed in the ribbon

Step 2 >> APPLOAD 2 FAS files(acettest.fas and acetutil.fas) from the express menu, refer to the image attached.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 14
Mike686

i try to do what you said but when i try to load the application, theres no .fas listed in the express folder...

Message 4 of 14
Sridhar-Autodesk

Please try suggestion in the following thread first, then followed by my previous suggestion to load the *.fas files.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical/adding-express-tools-menu-after-installation/m-p/26...

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 14
Mike686
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

i have repair the product a second time and now its seem to work fine

thanks again

Message 6 of 14
Muijsenberg

Hi,

I had the same problem express tools didn't work even after reinstalling.

After installing SP1 the problem still existed.

Loading the fas files was for me the solution, now all funtions work as they should.

Problem solved.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
rmalouff
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Structure 2012

I went through the steps of unloading a reloading Express tools, and then the steps metioned above and had txt2mtxt working.  Now it does not work.

I went through the steps mentioned above and now get:

"Unable to load customization file:

That Customization Group already exist."

Didn't we pay to have the programming for this package completed by Autodesk?

Message 8 of 14
jedenton
in reply to: rmalouff

have the same problem,,,load the two .fas files,,,corrected the problem in the working drawing only,,will not auto re-load on new drawing,,,have to appload everytime..??

Message 9 of 14
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: jedenton

You may try to add them to "Startup suite"

Command: Appload>>Contents>>Add>>Browse and add both files

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 10 of 14

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 Building Design Suite, I'm having the same problem of "Convert to Mtext" not working. I've tried the APPLOAD> process several times without success, it remains "txt2mtxt Unknown command". And I couldn't access AutoCAD through Win7 Control Panel>Programs. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Message 11 of 14
jmeerzo

got my express tools loaded, but some of them don't work.  the superhatch command is really the only reason i wanted these tools and it is one of them doesn't want work.  when i click the button on the ribbon or type the command it gives me the "unknown command press f1 for help" line.  this happens with others such as; xlist, breakline, and burst.  others work just fine though. i'm working with Autocad Mechanical 2014. anyone else having this problem?

Message 12 of 14
jmeerzo
in reply to: jmeerzo

loaded the two .fas files listed earlier and now everything works.

Message 13 of 14

Worked like a charm.  Thanks for the info!

Max Lorenz

Technical Designer III

AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, Inc.

Message 14 of 14
ronsearcy
in reply to: mrbbq1965

Initially, the method described didn't work for me.  Upon further searching I found a more radical method that worked for me and many others requiring uninstalling and reinstalling Express Tools from Windows Control Panel which can be found here:

http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/load-express-tools-for-2013/

When I transitioned from Acad 2013 to 2014 I needed to repeat the procedure so it's a good idea to have saved the website or a pdf of the procedure. Good luck and thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost