AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a BOM to Excel

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Brewtus
13649 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting a BOM to Excel

Is there a way to export a Bill Of Materials (BOM) to Excel? The reason that I ask is that our engineering services people need to put the parts in SAP, but don't have AutoCAD. They can however open the Excel file and copy and paste it into SAP. Any help would be great! Also if I need software free would be great too!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Brewtus

Hi,

Follow below steps to export BOM to an Excel sheet from AutoCAD Mechanical.

1. Command AMBOM
2. In the BOM dialog box-->Click export button as shown in the attached image
3. In the File of Type dropdown, select Microsoft Excel
4. Specify a name and save the file to a location.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Manufacturing Solutions Division
Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 6
brewtus

Thank you so much!
Message 4 of 6
MarcusGreywolf
in reply to: brewtus

That would be sweet and easy, but my version "2015" does not have excel as an option.  I have a report generator that has only three options .txt, .csv, and html.  Am I looking in the wrong place for the new version?

Help me if you can Obi wan. 🙂

Message 5 of 6

I figured it out. I saved it in .csv format, and I was able to open in in Excel. This is usually how it goes, I ask a question, then figure it out about an hour later. FYI - when opening the file with Excel, make sure you look for ALL file types in the drop down list, that was my mistake.
Message 6 of 6
ruddra.singh

To export a table from AutoCAD and edit it in Microsoft Excel simply select the table, then right click and choose “Export”. The table will be exported in .CSV file format.

Next, right click on the exported .CSV file and from the options menu choose Open with Excel.

VIOLA!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost