AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exploding blocks equals disappearing blocks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2728 Views, 5 Replies

exploding blocks equals disappearing blocks

Hi,

I have inserted blocks into my drawing from another drawing but whenever I try to explode them they disappear! This is a problem as I need to break them down to LOFT parts of them.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ted.roesch
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem; I place titles on drawing formats, create a new block with the "base block" intact. When I explode the block (highest/last layer, certain drawing loose the text; If a PDF is made/previewed, the text is visible).

Any method of capturing the invisible text is fruitless. The time created shows most from 1994-96, yet they were modified in 2008 with earlier version software.

Any fixes/ideas appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

If you explode a block, the entities will generally return to the layers they were originally created on. In this case, turning all of your layers on and regenerating your drawing might cause the entities to show up. Zoom-->Extents can also be tried.

Another possibility is; the block could be a 3D solid and upon explode, change the view type to realistic and verify.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, can you attach a sample drawing file here or E-mail at sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom Let me know which block is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Software QA Engineer

Manufacturing Solutions Division

Autodesk, Inc.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I had the same problem, but only in a 3D mode. If I was looking at my blocks in 2D wireframe, it was fine, but when I switched to 3D shaded or 3D wireframe, they would disappear. If in 2D wireframe you explode them again, and then hit undo, they display normally in a 3D enviornment. I couldn't believe Autodesk would ship a product with this glaring problem, and then not even fix it in the first service pack. Service pack 2 solved this problem for me though.

Brian Z
Message 5 of 6
faniadv

Thanks!!

Message 6 of 6
jmiddelstadt

I am also having that problem, but it just started happening. What would cause it to start just now. I have inserted these same blocks before, exploded them and they did not disappear. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost