AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

etransmit question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mike_napoli
382 Views, 3 Replies

etransmit question

Hello.  I recently upgraded to AutoCAD Mechanical 2015.  I have been using straight AutoCAD for years.  This is the first time I am using a AutoCAD suite.  I was setting up my etransmit as I usually have to save the file format to a previous version.  However, when I went to set it up, I noticed that the "file format" part of the etransmital setup was missing.  I looked under HELP and it shows that it should be there.  Am I missing something?

The etransmit1.jpg is a screen capture of my transmittal setup dialog box

The etransmit2.jpg is a screen capture of the AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 help 

Thanks

Mike

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
clastrilla
in reply to: mike_napoli

Hi Mike, just came across the same thing. I discovered though that if you run plain AutoCAD (see screen capture below), you should be able to access the previous version. Strange thing though is when you run ACAD-M and then switch to the Vanilla profile, it still doesnt work.

I hope someone from Autodesk can clarify this...

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

AutoCAD Mechanical has a different file format for each release.  The dropdown of previous release shows only AutoCAD's file formats and if User choose any of these formats, the mechanical intelligence is lost in the drawing and symbols and mechanical entities will be converted into blocks which is irreversable.  In order to avoid this, the dropdown is not seen in AutoCAD Mechanical profile.

However, this issue is already logged in our system.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4

Now that makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost