AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aschrantz
1466 Views, 1 Reply

ERROR Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004

I've been working on the same file for over a week with no problems.  I've created a bunch of blocks and have been able to refedit them in place multiple times all day every day until yesterday.  All of a sudden I try to edit a block in place and when I close the edit I get the following error message:

"Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0004 Exception at 1025d2dh"

I tested it out with multiple blocks in the same file and the same thing happens.

I've run recover and audit.  Both found one error and apparently dealt with it, but to no avail.  When I tried to run purge I got the exact same error message.  It looked like perhaps a file that had been xrefed into the file from the very beginning had a bunch of errors (which had never seemed to cause a problem in the past week), so I detached that file to no avail.  Yesterday I was able to go back to a .bak file from three hours previous that didn't give me the error after editing a block, and continued to work with that file for the rest of the day but when I started working on the same file this morning it started to happen all over again.

I've been reading over the forums searching for an answer with little success.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: aschrantz

RECOVER command mat be better at fixing the problem: RECOVERALL command if it has XREFS.

But you may be describung a problem with a specific block only, the other common element in your post.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost