AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing attributes for parts lists

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
321 Views, 3 Replies

Editing attributes for parts lists

The company I work for is based out of Germany and I use their parts list that they made. My questIon is how do I edit the parts list file that they gave me to be able change the German to English. I have tried opening the parts list file itself and changing it and saving but it does not work. If anybody can help I would appreciate it.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I assume the drawing has use a custom part list. If so, I think you can edit the header block of custom parts list and change the names to English. Save the changes in that block. Then double click the existing parts list to update it.

If use standard parts list, you may try AMLANGCONV to translate them into English.

If it's still not working, can you please share the drawing to me for further investigation.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: michaelsu

This is the file. Its kind of hard for me to explain what I want to do. I go to options and set this as my parts list. I insert this into the drawing but it wont show the changes I have made to the original file that I linked.  I want to beable to edit the titles of the columns and rows and such. That is were my trouble is also.

Message 4 of 4
michaelsu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

In your attached drawing, I think you can try to BEDIT his block definition ‘SW-AUFST-P0’ for parts list header and then change the column names and then save the block.

After that, if you use this block as custom parts list, it should create the parts list with the column names you specified.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost