AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit text ddedit or ampoweredit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1048 Views, 2 Replies

Edit text ddedit or ampoweredit

We have several drawings in our system that have a strange effect when double picking text to edit.   Some text excutes a ddedit other text executes an ampoweredit.    If someone could explain why and perhaps a solution to set to edit with ddedit.   The double pick cui menu button is set to ddedit.  I'm attaching a Oh_edit.dwg  with and example of each in it. 

I have used both mechanical 2010 and 2012 with same effect.    Thank you for any direction to help this.  We have many users become supprised and not knowing to accept to continue with the poweredit command.

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Jim

I could see the issue both in AcadM 2010 and 2012.

The reason for this behavior is; there are overlapping texts. Hence poweredit command invokes and prompt user to select one of the entities to edit.

To fix the issue; delete one of the overlapping entities/text to see ddedit command on double click.

OK, now user will not know if there are overlapping entities until he/she double clicks.

To overcome this, use command OVERKILL and select all objects in the drawing.

This command will delete all overlapping entities (it can be any drawing entities including text) and reduces the file size too.

Note: OVERKILL command does many things apart from deleting overlapping entities.  Please read help before using the command

In pre AcadM 2012 versions, Express tools need to be installed for overkill command to work.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Thank you! Thank you!    Once I see I'm almost embarrassed.

The objects were x and 0 in a grid.    Whom ever created must have copied a row and somehow placed over originals.   It didn't dawn on me that the command allows changing both objects (accept) or with next move to one of next of the mulitple items.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost