AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic blocks grip/basepoint problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stefanderond
2632 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic blocks grip/basepoint problem

I have a dynamic block with several actions and parameters. If i insert or paste this block near my template, the X/Y basepoint stays near the template when i drag the block on the template with one of the other two grips.. When i print the drawing the basepoint stays visible. 

How can i solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Stefan de Rond

Autocad dummy Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
michaelsu
in reply to: stefanderond

Hello Stefan,

Could you please also attach your sample for further look?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
stefanderond

Here is the .dwg file.

Kind regards,

Stefan de Rond

Autocad dummy Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
mailbox

See if this works for you?

Message 5 of 8
stefanderond

Sorry, the problem still exists.

The X/Y basepoint is still not fixed/locked at the block himself.

Thanks for trying.

Kind regards,

Stefan de Rond

Autocad dummySmiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
michaelsu

Hi Stefan,

I take a look the block and find two points objects in the block. Are they the base points you refer to? I think you can use Geometry constraint to fix them if you really need them.

If not, you can just remove them and save the block. So the points won't appear in your plot. Please see if it is working as you expect.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 7 of 8
stefanderond

No there is a third grip point, but you can only see him when you move one of the other two points.

Removing the other two points is not an option. I need these points to move the block. The third point may be removed or fixed at the block himself, but i dont know how to do that.

Kind regards,

Stefan de Rond

Autocad Dummy Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
mailbox

Hi Stefan

After playing around for a while and making my own version of your block I finally noticed your stretch frame for the text/balloon was a polyline or something. I changed it to a rectangle and and now the dot nolonger appears so hopefully it is fixed and behaves how you need it to.

I changed that stretch frame and added a basepoint parameter that moves with the arrows position/stretch action.

I made my own block to see if replicating your block would give me the same issue and it didn't, but I went a bit further with the dynamics of mine. I have attached it incase it is of any use to you however the arrow dosnt move independently of the Block as yours does.

Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost