AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG opening in Mechanical 2010 with double click on the drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Cuda1973
662 Views, 1 Reply

DWG opening in Mechanical 2010 with double click on the drawing

My company recieves drawings from customers that are created in AutoCAD 2011. We are still using AutoCAD Mechanical 2010. Normally, the users can double click the drawings out of their emails and the drawings will open up in the regular AutoCAD 2010, which is what they want to heppen. For some reason now, the drawings are by default opening up in Mechanical and we get an error that the file was created in an incompatible version and cannot be saved. Note: they display just fine, you just cannot save any work done on them. If they save the file to their desktops, open regular AutoCAD, navigate to the drawing, they are fine and can make any modification and save until they are blue in the face. Unfortunatly, the latter method really disrupts their work flow and they need to just be able to double click the file directly out of email. Another note: When they do double click the DWG files to open them, you can see briefly that standard AutoCAD starts but then Mechanical takes over and it errors out as I stated above. I really need to come up with a resolution to this as soon as possible, both for them and my sanity. Any information on disabling the Mechanical aspects of the program so it cannot be used at all is most welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
michaelsu
in reply to: Cuda1973

Maybe you can first open a regular AutoCAD 2010 and then try to double click the drawing from email or other places.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost