AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings save over as different drawings when AutoCad Crashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dotter7
279 Views, 3 Replies

Drawings save over as different drawings when AutoCad Crashes

One of my co-workers is having problem with his AutoCad crashing, and when he has more than one drawing open, it saves over the drawing he is working in. Say he is drawing the Part 1.dwg and has Part 2.dwg open when it crashes it saves the Part 2.dwg over the Part 1.dwg. Even when we try opening up the back-up files and the autosaves they are all the Part 2.dwg. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: Dotter7

A bigger question may be, "Why is dwg2 crashing when the work is being done in dwg1?"

I say this because when a drawing is closed normally the temp file is erased. When a drawing closes unexpectedly, a temp file is retained for recovery. So if you have no temp file for the current dwg1, then it must have closed normally. The dwg2 file closes unexpectantly so the temp file is held in the registry.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 4
Dotter7
in reply to: steve216586

Why does it save over both original drawings? Original Part 1 is now Part 2

Message 4 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: Dotter7

Sounds like a bug. I have no way of reproducing that action. I've tried many times: even with a hard shut down of my computer. 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost