AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing in 2d in autocad 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1156 Views, 3 Replies

drawing in 2d in autocad 2014

Hi All,

I'm having great diffaculty drawing in 2d in Autocad. Normally I work in Inventor but have a 2d schematic I need to do in Autocad 2014. I'm not very familiar with it and the problem I'm having is keeping everything in the same plane. I'm drawing in the x-y plane but keep getting message "objects are not in the same plane". When I switch to another view i.e. right, left, top etc., I see my lines are all over the place in the z plane. Is there a way to simply flatten everything to the x-y plane? What am I doing wrong for this to happen? In Inventor, I can sketch in 2d in say, a drawing, and never have this problem. Could someone please help?

Many Thanks,

mlstalter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a box around all of the geometry on your drawing selecting everything.

Open the properties pallette and at the top select the drop down arrow, select one of the elements (line) and then in the properties select the start Z and make it zero; select the end Z and make it zero.  The Delta Z should automatically correct to zero and if it doesn't just correct it.  Go back to the next element in the drop down list and do the same.  Repeat until you have everything. 

Regards,

Mark

mtk220

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Many thanks Mark, this worked great for existing geometry. Is there a way to set the z at 0 or lock it at 0 for all new geometry?
Message 4 of 4
steve216586

For future reference:

The command FLATTEN may be used to Convert 3D geometry to 2D. It will save you time from changing entities individually.

Also, if you want everything to be drawn only on the X,Y axis use the command string:

UCS

WORLD

PLAN

CURRENT

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost