AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing dimensions.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
472 Views, 5 Replies

Disappearing dimensions.

On AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 when I add a new dimension and I drag it over existing dimensions some or all of the existing dimensions disappear??? Have to regen to make visible again.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this and let me know if it works:

Type, REGENAUTO

Make sure it is "ON"

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I made sure REGENAUTO is on...same problem occurs and I have to enter REGEN after adding new dimension. Thank you for the suggestion though. 

Message 4 of 6
Sridhar-Autodesk

Hi,

Try to disable "Enable hardware acceleration" option from command : 3dconfig>>Manual tune>>OK>>OK.

Restart AutoCAD Mechanical and verify if this works.

Alternatively, if you have a different machine where AcadM is installed, please try and verify if the issue is reproducible?

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Sridhar,

I disabled "Enable hardware acceleration", still have the same problem.

We also have this problem on our other machines w/ AcadM.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

This is not just a necro-post... I'm having this same problem with AutoCAD Mechanical 2012.

I have dimassoc=2 on and I am dimensioning in paperspace. When I cross over an existing dimension while setting a new one - the existing one will disappear until "regen". The weird thing is that until regen (or reloading the drawing) - you can't even select the dimension that has disappeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost