AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimstyle instability when converting slddrw to dwg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Usitech_PM
649 Views, 7 Replies

Dimstyle instability when converting slddrw to dwg

Hi,

I am a solidworks user.  I create my models and drafting with it.

I have a customer who wants me to send him the drafts in dwg format.

I can make the conversion with solidwords without problems.

But when I tried to move a view in the created file in autocad, the properties of the dimstyle created by the conversion change: measures are rounded, the inch symbole dissapear, the text height changes.  (Note: I need to move a  view, when the whole drawing doesn't fit in the title block.  I need to incorporate the text block in autocad to have the field active in my customer title block.)

The only way, I found, to correct the dimstyle is to do it manually: select the dimension one by one and change the dimstyle properties, which it quite long.

Is there a faster way to keep the dimstyles as the where in solidworks?  What am I doing wrong?

Thank's

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can you send one of the solid works file and the drawing file to us. I will investigate further and get back to you on this.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8

Ok here are drawing of a simple part.

If you move a viem in autocad you will see the dimstyle changing.

Thank's

Message 4 of 8

Good day. I couldn't select any view in the attached drawing. its all exploded. Can you able to try the QSELECT command to select multiple dimensions at once. I tried loading your solid works file and created new dimensions and i was able to work on it perfectly without any issues. May I know your AutoCAD Mechanical version and the service pack level as well.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 8

Hi Vinod..., I use Autochad mechanical 2012 SP2.  I know I can re-do my dim style properties by selecting the quotes I want...  But my question is, why Autocad is changing the dim style properties when I move a view: Select box over the view I want to move -> MOVE cmd.

I know that if I explode the view and move it, the dim styles do not change, Autocad is treating it like independent entities without properties.  But I whish I can use the file created without re-editing it.

Thank's

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the update.Every time you create a dimension it will use the standard you have set. Once you have placed a dimension you can change it to another standard but the next dimension you create will be what is set in AMOPTIONS.Can you check your options under AMStandards on what you have at the moment.

Also check whether your text style is set to associative or standard.

1. DIMSTYLE> Select "Standard">Modify
2. Text tab>change text style from "Standard" to "Annotative"
3. Fit tab>check Standard>OK>Close.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update on this service request. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update on this service request. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost