AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions ignoring dimscale

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
486 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensions ignoring dimscale

I was fiddling around in paperspace (trying to get our company to utilize) and now when I add dimensions to model space geometry, it is ignoring the dimscale settings.  It appears to be using a "dimstyle name $0" style override.  Is this a result of me adding dimensions to paperspace?  Did it automatically make these changes?  I want the model space dimensions back for now.  Any ideas?

Autocad Mechanical 2013

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steve216586
in reply to: Winks87

The $ signifies a "child" style - that is where you have made changes that relate to only one type of dimension rather than all types of dimension. Maybe you changed something in that Dimstyle for only linear dimensions, such as annotation scale-(just an example.)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: steve216586

Understand that - how would I delete this "child" style if it exists?

James Winkler
Message 4 of 5
steve216586

Here's a thread with a solution: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/delete-child-dimstyle/td-p/2431674 

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 5
Nicolas.Bourquin

Hello,

For the problem of dimscale settings, have you already tried AMSCAREA where you can force the "text scaling" in a defined area ?

Hope that can help

Best regards

Nicolas Bourquin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost