AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning w/o using Power Dimensions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scott9192
2189 Views, 2 Replies

Dimensioning w/o using Power Dimensions

I use AutoCAD Mechanical 2011.  I don't care for Power Dimensions and prefer to use the old-school dimensions that can be invoked with the 3-letter keyboard shortcuts (DLI, DAL, etc.).  At some point I did something that allowed me to use the DLI command without any of the Power Dimensioning aspects being invoked.  For the life of me I have no idea what I did but I would like to find out because when I use the DAN command I get the Power Dimensioning angular command.  Any advice or help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: scott9192

Hi,

Please go Ribbon ->Manage tab->Customization Panel->Click Edit Aliases.

Search AMPOWERDIM_ANG in the file and change DAN to other letters. Then save the file and re-launch the product.

Also, you can find the alias of AMPOWERDIM is "PD". Actually one of advantanges of using powerdim is you can quickly dimension different dimension styles in one command. For instance, you can simply use select object option to dimension linear, radius and diameter. Through dimension inplace eidtor, you can quickly apply prefix, surfix, fit, tolerance etc.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
scott9192
in reply to: michaelsu

That worked.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost