AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Text Won't Center between Dim Lines

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
truthseeker923
15908 Views, 9 Replies

Dimension Text Won't Center between Dim Lines

II give up.  I can't get my dimension text to appear as I want.   I want the text center between the dimension lines with a break between the dim lines.  No matter what I change on DIMSTYLE I can't get this to happen.  See attached picture.  I would like to have the style on the right.  But I can only get the style on the left.

Please help!  I'm going bonkers.

Blake

[This post has been edited for clarity by cheryl.buck]

cherylbuck_0-1663704180265.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
szelestey
in reply to: truthseeker923

DIMSTYLE

TEXT TAB

UNDER TEXT PLACEMENT MAKE SURE 'VERTICAL' = 'CENTERED'

[This post has been edited for clarity by cheryl.buck]

cherylbuck_0-1663704274627.png

Message 3 of 10
zph
Collaborator
in reply to: szelestey

Come on, dude!

If it were that simple, don't you think he would have found that?

And to note, I am having the same issue as the OP.  I've attached a screenshot.

You can see that I have set the text to 'centered' and yet the problem still pursists.

One detail I'd like to note (perhaps it can help shed light on this issue), when I delete the dimensions and purge the drawing, the only objects that show up in the purge menu are two blocks:  D*, D* (* being random numbers).  I purge these but it doesn't seem to do anything to solve the problem.

Any help from someone a bit more knowledgeable on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
crsmith1

Try typing in DIMTVP and set to 0. Then select dimension update.

Message 5 of 10
Wheelie22

I have it with ACADE 2012

The top 1 centers if you change 1 node !

DIMENSION AUTO CENTER.PNG

Better Never than Late ! Smiley Surprised

How can I get the bottom 1 to change to auto center to ?

Message 6 of 10
steve216586
in reply to: Wheelie22

DIMTAD & DIMTVP both set to 0.000.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 10
Wheelie22

In our DWT I have DIMTAD = 1, DIMTPV = 0,0000 and I get a dimension that centers.

I have a trick to change the text override to empty.

-  select all dimensions

- do the properties (CTRL-1)

- text part

- change the Text override to nothing

But when I have this dimension line that does not center, the solution is draw to it again. Smiley Sad

How can I change these wrong one's to auto center one's ?

Message 8 of 10
steve216586
in reply to: Wheelie22

Wheelie22:

"I have a trick to change the text override to empty.

-  select all dimensions

- do the properties (CTRL-1)

- text part

- change the Text override to nothing"

Get rid of the override by deleting in the Dimstyle Manager. It should be right under your current Dimstyle. (See attached) It may be an override setting in your template or even a routine which changes the system variable values at start-up. In that case you may want to delete and then re-save as your "working" .dwt template. 

Wheelie22 this isn't directed towards you but I would like to make a general statement about "problems" like this one in general.

I don't know how non-standard or default settings like this ever get changed when a user only desires the default or standard result? I wish when users have problems like this, they would identify how the System Variable might have been changed from default in the first place. I could understand settings being changed when a user wants a result which requires customization. This problem, and many others just like it, is clearly a result of someone changing a setting or system variable and not knowing what that certain variable setting causes as a result of changing from the default setting. This never ceases to make me marvel at the expertise of a user. (Maybe not the user whom asked the question but someone in their office or another office where the user may have received the drawing.)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 9 of 10

Just figured this one out. Type dimedit and select/type home. This places the dim text at its default position, which centers it.

Message 10 of 10
Andrew.Tymon
in reply to: Ncampos7157

You beauty worked a treat

I,m self taught so this fix greatly appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost