AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Style Override Unresponsive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mlars010
1075 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension Style Override Unresponsive

Hello,

I am using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (Student Edition) and need to override my base dimension style settings to include tolerances on drawings.

The program seems to disregard anything I do with regard to overriding the dimension style settings.  The specific tolerane desired in this example is (Upper: +0.021; Lower: 0) but I need both numbers to display to three decimals.

Here's how things look at my end:

1. Create dimensions using my preferred generic settings
  2. 'DDIM' -> Dimension Style Manager
  3. Select current style, 'Override'
  4. Override Current Style window > Tolerances tab > Tolerance Format area > Precision: '0.000' (base setting is '0');  Method: 'Limits';  Enter appopriate Upper value and Lower value
  5. Preview window updates correctly for all changes
  6. 'OK'
  7. Dimension Style Manager: Preview of: <style overrides> still displays correctly
  8. Close Dimension Style Manager window
  9. Annotate tab: Dimension panel: Update Dimension
  10. Select object(s), press 'return' on keyboard
  11. Nohing happens - selected dimension has no tolerance and remains at original precision
  12. 'DDIM' -> Dimension Style Manager
  13. <style overrides> sill selected and Preview still looks correct (3 decimal places)
  14. 'Modify'
  15. Precision drop-down is reset to '0'

(Note: Skipping from 5 to 14 gives the same response.)

Here is what the command prompt returns for the Update Dimension command:

• Current dimension style: ASME     Annotative: Yes
  • Current dimension overrides:
  •   DIMLIM         ON
  •   DIMTDEC      3
  •   DIMTOLJ       1
  •   DIMTP           0
  •   DIMTZIN        0
  • Enter a dimension style option
  • [ ANnotative/Save/Restore/STatus/Variables/Apply/? ] <Restore>: _apply
  • Select objects:

The formatting options in the Power Dimensioning tab don't allow me to show redundant zeroes (e.g. 25.000) so I cannot use that method regardless of the DIMTZIN value.  The rest I have already described.  Can anyone help me with this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: mlars010

Hi,

Can you uncheck " Trailing" option in DDIM>>Select the base dimenesion style>>Modify>>Primary units tab>>Zero Suppression>>Uncheck " Trailing" and verify the issue.

Repeat the above step for Tolerance tab too.

Try creating a new powerdim and enable the tolerance button.

powerdim.png

Thanks

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4

Please find attached sample drawing too.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4
mlars010
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I've been able to fix this issue by going to AMOPTIONS>Standards>Dimension Settings and setting my custom dimension style as the "Base dimension style" while leaving "Force power dimensions to use this dimension style" selected.   I can now obtain a dimension that looks like:

Previously I was unable to force trailing zeroes to show, regardless of options being de-selected in the DDIM window tabs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost