AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpnick
276 Views, 2 Replies

Dimension problems

I am having trouble with dimensions that I have changed or stretched returning to there previous locations or dim text. Example is that if I change a length of an object from 3" to 4" by stretching it. This of course is an object that is already dimensioned at 3". It will change to 4" initiallly & look correct, but lets say I save & close down the drawing & reopen it. A lot of the times my dimension reads 3" again with the extension lines in the 3" position again! This is a very troublesome issue for sure!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ksmith84
in reply to: jpnick

Hello. I did some searching online for dimension associativity, since your problem sounds similar... Check out this thread link n see if it helps ya any! 🙂

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2000-2000i-2002-DWG/DIMENSION-GLITCH/td-p/1266571

Which OS and version of Autocad do ya use? (asking since there are threads of Windows 7 issues).

~¤~
^C^CMoonwalk
Message 3 of 3
jpnick
in reply to: ksmith84

Thanks for the help. I have windows 7. I have read the post you sent me & I have tried setting the dimassociation at 1 to 2 setting. I cannot get the problem to occur for me either way now. It is like there are gremlins that affect my drawings at certain times.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost