AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

jbhammerton
Message 1 of 6 (270 Views)

Dimension grips move when they shouldn't

270 Views, 5 Replies
09-25-2012 01:31 PM

Sometimes when moving or filleting an object that is dimensioned, the dimension grips move to points other than where I put them.  It usually happens on polylines that are open or complex in shape.  It's rather annoying as I have to then move my dimensions back to where I wanted them (original points are still there), and sometimes the beginning and ending grips for a dimension move to the same point, changing the dimension to zero, rendering it useless.  The dimension has to then be deleted & redrawn.  It's a small thing but still frustrating.  Anyone have any suggestions to remedy this? 

Contributor
andrew30
Message 2 of 6 (252 Views)

Re: Dimension grips move when they shouldn't

09-27-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: jbhammerton

I remember having the same issue. Maybe associativity setting can help but it didn't work in my case.

Employee
michaelsu
Message 3 of 6 (213 Views)

10-01-2012 07:41 PM in reply to: jbhammerton

Hi,

There is a known issue that grip of power dimension on a arc after apply REVERSE command. Can you please try it without using REVERSE?

Also, what about use AutoCAD dimension commands?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

jbhammerton
Message 4 of 6 (204 Views)

10-02-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: jbhammerton

I'm not sure how to change associativity settings, but that seems to make sense.  How do I change them?  I tried looking in the dim style manager but didn't see anything about associativity in there.

jbhammerton
Message 5 of 6 (203 Views)

10-02-2012 08:27 AM in reply to: michaelsu

I'm unfamiliar with the "reverse" command, I haven't ever used it.  I also do not use power dimensions, just standard AutoCAD dimensions.  Most of the objects I've had trouble with are polylines or regular lines rather than arcs.

Contributor
andrew30
Message 6 of 6 (196 Views)

10-02-2012 11:34 AM in reply to: jbhammerton

Associativity setting is laying around in some convoluted maze of inanity. The zoomin/zoomout commands are linkaged to my middle mouse button making things way too easy ; or easier than said things should be, i suppose.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.