AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension grips move when they shouldn't

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jbhammerton
486 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension grips move when they shouldn't

Sometimes when moving or filleting an object that is dimensioned, the dimension grips move to points other than where I put them.  It usually happens on polylines that are open or complex in shape.  It's rather annoying as I have to then move my dimensions back to where I wanted them (original points are still there), and sometimes the beginning and ending grips for a dimension move to the same point, changing the dimension to zero, rendering it useless.  The dimension has to then be deleted & redrawn.  It's a small thing but still frustrating.  Anyone have any suggestions to remedy this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrew30
in reply to: jbhammerton

I remember having the same issue. Maybe associativity setting can help but it didn't work in my case.

Message 3 of 6
michaelsu

Hi,

There is a known issue that grip of power dimension on a arc after apply REVERSE command. Can you please try it without using REVERSE?

Also, what about use AutoCAD dimension commands?

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 6
jbhammerton

I'm not sure how to change associativity settings, but that seems to make sense.  How do I change them?  I tried looking in the dim style manager but didn't see anything about associativity in there.

Message 5 of 6
jbhammerton
in reply to: michaelsu

I'm unfamiliar with the "reverse" command, I haven't ever used it.  I also do not use power dimensions, just standard AutoCAD dimensions.  Most of the objects I've had trouble with are polylines or regular lines rather than arcs.

Message 6 of 6
andrew30

Associativity setting is laying around in some convoluted maze of inanity. The zoomin/zoomout commands are linkaged to my middle mouse button making things way too easy ; or easier than said things should be, i suppose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost