AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DevExpress Products

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
laura.heatwole
2134 Views, 16 Replies

DevExpress Products

I updated all my machines to the lastest SPs, SP Updates, and Hotfixes.  Now whenever we use AutoCAD and try to open a file from the Vault, we get a pop up about DXperience v11.1.5.0 trial version (see attached).  How can I uninstall or disable this product?  Or at least keep the annoying pop-up from showing?

The updates are as follows:

Vault Professional 2013

- Vault 2013 SP1 Update 1

Inventor Professional 2013

- Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 1 x64

AutoCAD Mechanical 2013

- ACM 2013 SP2 x64

- Code Execution Vulnerability Hotfix

- Scale List Cleanup Utility x64

Thanks.

Laura Heatwole
Engineering Information Systems
Watson Drill Rigs

Vault Pro 2013, PDSU 2013, Win7 x64
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

DXperience - DEVExpress is not an AutoDesk product. If you don't want the program, you should go to Windows Control Panel and delete it from the list of programs on your computers.

It was not installed with your Adesk products.

See here: http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/DXperience.xml

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I understand it is not an Autodesk product.  It had to be installed with one of the Autodesk updates as no other updates or changes were made to the system.  

Plus, if it were as easy as uninstalling from the Control Panel, I would not have had to post something to the board.  It does not show up in the CP whether looking at install programs or installed updates.

Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 4 of 17

Laura,

I was able to find this thread which may help. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Engineer-to/DevExpress-License-Required/td-p/3779578

I don't know your system to make a guess at how this was loaded on all machines.

Message 5 of 17

Yes, I saw that post earlier.  We do not do any development in the software.  We use everything right out of the box.  I have a support ticket out to Developer Express and will put one directly in to Autodesk as well.

Thanks for your insight.

Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 6 of 17

Laura,

Please let us know what happens with this. I am very curious to know how a $1500 program has its trial version unknowingly downloaded with an ADESK product used by end users and not developers who choose to download.

Especially when an ADESK representative says, "Yes, that is correct. In order to use any of the "UI Tools" component in VS, you do need a DevExpress license. Note that end users of the application don't need the DevExpress license, just the developers using/creating these VS components."

And another one, "One isn't required for using the Silverlight UI Tools controls."

Message 7 of 17
mccon1
in reply to: steve216586

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to second Steve's request here. Has this been resolved yet?

We are experiencing exactly the same issue that you described on our workstations.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Message 8 of 17
Winks87
in reply to: mccon1

This was absolutely installed with the last update/service pack.  We are experiencing the same behavior.

James Winkler
Message 9 of 17
mccon1
in reply to: Winks87

Hi All,

Just noticed that Update 2 for Vault 2013 Service Pack 1 has been released: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22156301&linkID=9261341

In the readme, one of the issues addressed is: "Certain workflows would result in a 'DXperience' trial version dialog pop-up"

We haven't installed it yet, but this may be the solution?

Cheers,

Matt

Message 10 of 17
Winks87
in reply to: mccon1

I admit I have not read this but from our experience, checking a file into Vault brings up the DevXpress message.  Is this ehat others are seeing?

James Winkler
Message 11 of 17

Vault's Update 2 to SP1 takes care of the DevExpress issue.

Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 12 of 17
vjakowlew
in reply to: laura.heatwole

I tried that fix...

it does not work.

I have the same set up.

now I am at:

Build 17.3.2.0

Update 3

?

?

?

Message 13 of 17

Hello alltogether,

we have the same issue. If you call a command from the AutoCAD 2013 Vault Client, something like "CheckIn" or "Options",  a window with some message about a Trial Version DevExpress appears. Very annoying. It appears on every PC with an AutoCAD Vault Client. In this moment we try to find the location of the DXperience. Seems like you can't deinstall this.

Any Ideas?

Cheers from Germany,

Anika

Message 14 of 17

I am not quite sure what to tell y'all.  Making the following upgrades fixed our DevExpress problems:

Vault Pro 2013 SP1 Update 2

AutoCAD Mech 2013 SP2 w/all current Hotfixes

Inventor Pro 2013 SP2 Update 2

Laura Heatwole
Watson Drill Rigs

Message 15 of 17

Hello Laura,

we'll try the updates over night until tomorrow morning.

Hope this will solve our problems too.

Thanks for your report!

Anika

Message 16 of 17

Old thread, but perhaps the first of a new series.  The DevExpress control function UpdateBarItem has been notoriously responsible for crashing Vault Professional both 2015r2 and 2016 when scrolling thru folders then setting idle.  I have been reading the crash reports comming from my team.  These crashes are frequent.  Our systems currently have DevExpress 13.1.0.0 and 13.1.5.0 dlls all over them, all installed at the same time 5/12/2015.  At first I was hoping for a file version descrepency, but I can't verify any of that here. (unless DevExpress already has a newer version we should all be using).  The actuall error being thrown is so wrapped up tightly as an SEHEexception, that I can only surmise memory limit, or some other unknown error cause.  In the end I have a program that is horribly unstable because of a routine that runs when it sits idle for just a second.

Why doesn't Autodesk just use a standard Microsoft .net tool such as WPF for custom controls and write their own code?  At least they would have control over it's stability.

If you have any knowledge of this issue, please respond here, or post a link to a newer thread.  I want this solved.  Thank you,

jvj
Message 17 of 17

Oh no. Not again. We were told in the version 2016 all problems have been fixed. We had so many problems with the 2013 Vault Professional Version and still not all of them are fixed. At the moment I can not help you, sorry. Still working with Vault Professional 2013. We want to upgrade in January 2016 and  hope that this solves our problems and then we'll have a stable Vault. But when I read this I'm not so sure. Hope there will be a hotfix real soon!

Hang in there!

Anika

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost