AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom profile not being remembered on AutoCad 2010 startup.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1035 Views, 3 Replies

Custom profile not being remembered on AutoCad 2010 startup.

I have a problem with AutoCad 2010. I have a custom profile that I can select and load without any problems. However, if I close AutoCad or shut down the computer to restart, it chooses the manufacture default profile on startup.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this same problem. What I finally ended up doing was setting everything up from my custom menu, making my custom profile "current". I then saved my profile as "<>" which was (in my case) the default profile that Acad 2010 kept reverting to on start-up. This seemed to remedy the situation.

Chuck - Dzine14u
Message 3 of 4
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
You set the custom profile in the Target path as shown in the attached image.
Right click on AutoCAD Shortcut>>Properties>>Set the custom profile name as shown in the image.
Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 4 of 4
jmeerzo
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

I have done this, but when I re-open from the shortcut it tells me that the profile name could not be found and starts up as "vanilla".  when i go to options to change the profile, the new name is there but it didn't save any of my settings. this is very frustrating. i have resorted to changing the default profile to my custom settings, but by doing this i cannot use these settings on other machines (synced from the cloud). any ideas? by the way, i'm running autocad mechanical 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost