AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create text on an arc, express tools for 2009?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
timg
536 Views, 15 Replies

create text on an arc, express tools for 2009?

i was able to create text on an arc radius in 2008 autocad with express tools installed. i have not found express tools for 2009 & i can't find any help files explaining how to create arc align text in 2009.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: timg

Express tools are an option during the install.

I'm not positive of the steps needed, but I believe you can do a
repair or something in order to get them installed.
Message 3 of 16
timg

no. express tools are not available there like they were on 2008. express tools are not an option during the install or are they available through the add & remove software change.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous

My bad, I thought I was in the AutoCAD forum. Express tools is an
option for AutoCAD 2009 during the install, not sure about AutoCAD Mech
however.

Sorry about that!
Message 5 of 16
CrAzY-MiKe

When I installed our AMech 2009, Express Tools was still an install option. You had to go into the Config pages for AMech at the start and check the box for it.

I have not yet installed the upgrade to 2010, so I do not know if it is still an option there...

C-M ^¿^
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 6 of 16
Sridhar-Autodesk

Please follow steps from the following link to install Express Tools. This is applicable for AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 too.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=5680985꽙

Thanks,

Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 16
timg

this may work for 2008 but for 2009 version, it's not there. will someone please adhere to this. do i have to uninstall 2009 & reinstall 2009 in order to get to the express tools?
Message 8 of 16
timg

i just uninstalled amech 2009 & reinstalled it. there is no reference to express tools in the config section of amech. is there express tools for this version?
Message 9 of 16
ampster401

Dunno why you are not seeing it, it's there in AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 on my system.
Message 10 of 16
timg

great! do you know how it got there? i've tried everything i can think of to get it but without any luck.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

exactly like CrAzY-MiKe posted - it was an option during the install
that IRC you had to expand something in order to be able to see it.
Message 12 of 16
ampster401

what JohnDoe said...

also, if you were to go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 > Change/Remove > Add or Remove Features, you would eventually end up at the attached screenshot where an Express Tools option ***should be located***.
Message 13 of 16
timg

guys. sorry to be such a pain, but i've been there & looked everywhere for it during the reinstall. there was no option for it anywhere. not in any config for any option of any extra install. it's not in the repair. it's not in the install of tools & utilities. it's not in any of the items to choose to install.
Message 14 of 16
timg

i found it! now i feel like a real dufus. i don't know if it was hidden before but like magic, there it is. i don't understand why this has to be so difficult to to have? why is this not a standard part of autocad?
Message 15 of 16
CrAzY-MiKe

Kudos for you perseverance!

I agree, it's a pain. But now that you know where to look, future installs should go more smoothly.

C-M ^¿^
Michael Hollingsworth
CAD Administrator | Flexicon Corporation
Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Message 16 of 16
timg

thanks, but sometimes my perserverance turns me into a monster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost