AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copyclip/Pasteclip basepoint issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
569 Views, 0 Replies

Copyclip/Pasteclip basepoint issue

I suddenly started having a very strange problem with one of my drawings.  Any time I try to use Pasteclip it changes my INSBASE variable to a point about 20 miles to the northeast (the drawing is scaled in inches).  It doesnt do this for me in any other file, and it doesnt do this for other people in the office in this or any file.  I can reset the insbase variable using the BASE command (but not the INSBASE command) but as soon as I use PASTECLIP the coordinates get changed to something ridiculous.  

It happens regardless of the type of object I attampt to paste.  I have no blocks in the drawing.  If I make the copy with COPYBASE rather than COPYCLIP it works fine.  If I copy raw text instead of a line or other object it works fine (creating an MTEXT object).

And as I was drafting this message, it stopped resetting the INSBASE variable, but still causes the pasted objet to be inserted at the same ridiculous location so INSBASE may or may not have anything to do with it.  Earlier this morning it was definately changing the variable each time. 

HELP!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost