AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

prasanth14026
Message 1 of 3 (3,409 Views)

Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

3409 Views, 2 Replies
03-09-2010 02:08 AM
Good morning to all,
I'll appriciate if you can solve this problem. I would like to convert 3d(.sat) models to Dwg or Dxf which i have drawn in auto cad 2008. The drawing is with plenty of assemblies, Instead of drawn all in 2d if it's possible to convert it'll save alot of time. this i required to give for manufacturing. one more option is create differnt views in laylot. if i do in layout it'll give as blocks. which it's not look nice to give machinist.
Employee
Sridhar-Autodesk
Message 2 of 3 (3,408 Views)

Re: Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

03-09-2010 06:03 AM in reply to: prasanth14026
Hi Prasanth,
You can use command : acisin to convert *.SAT files into *.dwg or *.dxf files.
I am afraid, I couldn't understand the second part of the question. Can you explain with few steps or a sample drawing and expected results?
Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Sridhar Subramani
Autodesk, Inc.
fritz.eloff
Message 3 of 3 (2,263 Views)

Re: Convert .Sat to Dwg or DXf

11-22-2012 10:04 PM in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Inserting an ACIS file in Autocad doesn't always work and gives the error " _acisin Unable to read the ACIS file ". In this case it is worth downloading a demo of ZWcad. Go through the same procedure as you would in AutoCAD, only this time it always works.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!