AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction line changes color!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mooresk257
1623 Views, 8 Replies

Construction line changes color!

While drawing construction lines using AM:Draw toolbar, the AM_CL layer spontaneously changed color from red to a dark green.

When I opened the Layer Function box, the layer color for AM_CL layer was still indicated as red.

However, the color for the layer AM_CL was (correctly) indicated as green in the drop down list box.

I had to use the layer editor to change the color back to red.

Why would this have happened?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mooresk257

Not sure, can you get this to happen again or was this a one time glitch? If you can get it to happen, perhaps attach a small example drawing along with the steps you performed and we can take a look. -- Robert McMillan Software Developer MDT & AutoCAD Mechanical team "moores" wrote in message news:7383788.1090339812243.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > While drawing construction lines using AM:Draw toolbar, the AM_CL layer spontaneously changed color from red to a dark green. > > When I opened the Layer Function box, the layer color for AM_CL layer was still indicated as red. > > However, the color for the layer AM_CL was (correctly) indicated as green in the drop down list box. > > I had to use the layer editor to change the color back to red. > > Why would this have happened?
Message 3 of 9
mooresk257

It just happened again, except this time it's gone purple. The drawing in question is 775Kb. Is that too large?

I do all my drawings in model space, including component views, and create separate paper space layouts for each component projection.

The files can get pretty big, but I never had a problem before now except the regen time gets very long.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

You should probably email that to me, take the nospam off my reply address. If you are able to reliably get the color to change and send me a file just prior to the problem with a set of steps to cause it I can almost guarantee that we can figure it out. Just sending the file with the color already messed up may not help much, but I am willing to take a look. -- Robert McMillan Software Developer MDT & AutoCAD Mechanical team "moores" wrote in message news:23786465.1090354679228.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > It just happened again, except this time it's gone purple. The drawing in question is 775Kb. Is that too large? > > I do all my drawings in model space, including component views, and create separate paper space layouts for each component projection. > > The files can get pretty big, but I never had a problem before now except the regen time gets very long.
Message 5 of 9
mooresk257

I can't seem to find a series of steps that precede the color change, but it just happened again. The steps preceding the color change was as follows:

1. In place block edit
2. Typed move command, and moved a block.
3. Using CL tool bar icon, selected vertical CL.
4. On insertion on vertical CL, (OSNAP on) the layer changed color. This time it is a purplish-blue (192).

The color that it changes to appears to be random.

I use the web browser interface for this group, so there is no reply e-mail addresses listed.
Message 6 of 9
teuston

I had the same thing happen, only it changed to white! I had several clines drawn and used the same command to draw an additional line, and poof! All the existing lines changed to white. I only had it happen once, and there doesn't seem to be any damage to the drawing, but weird...............
Message 7 of 9
kurtmetzger

I have the same problem with construction lines changing color. It seems like it happens at random but the more that I use standard parts the more frequent it occurs.

Also, the outer grips on the vertical and horizontal construction lines do not always snap to where you want them to the first time when you drag them to various angles.
Message 8 of 9
kurtmetzger

Robert,

When are we going to find out why the construction lines change colors?

Also, do you know why when you copy objects "with base point" and then try delete them right afterwards it just cancels out of the command? You can not delete them until you select the objects a second time.
Message 9 of 9
mooresk257

It just did it again. I drew 7 horizontal C lines, ended the command, then drew one vertical C line, and then poof they all turned white.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost