AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine drawings.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DaveyL
634 Views, 1 Reply

Combine drawings.

Hello,

This is my first venture into the autocad mechanical realm as I am mainly based upon Inventor however here goes. I have 4 different views of an engine which I am trying to put into one file (3rd Person view). After playing try a few methods to transfer drawings over (I was surprised copy and paste didn't work) I came across insert.

The first few times I used it the program just froze up so I had to stop the program through task manager. So this morning I tried it again and lo and behold, one of the engine views appeared. Thats all well and good however when I tried to insert the third view the program has crashed again.

I do not believe it is a computer issue as it runs inventor well even with some quarter of a GB assembly files. So any suggestions. The files were origionally a .dxf file however the origional author may not be using an autodesk product, for 3D assemblies they supply us proengineer formats. The files sizes are 250 kB, 2.5 MB, 8 MB & 13MB. I am also using mechanical 2013. Any other information required just ask, it is getting a little annoying as this file really needs to get sent off.

Cheers,

Dave

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DaveyL
in reply to: DaveyL

'Interesting' update, I have solved the issue however the only way I could do this was to 'save as' each of the views I was going to insert as an AutoCAD 2013 .dwg file and not a AutoCAD Mechanical .dwg file. Does anyone know any resources out there that can explain the .dwg file setup? I use Inventor 2013 .dwg and a collegue uses AutoCAD 2000 and with the Mechanical 2013 .dwg thrown into the mix it seems a little confusing.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost