AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipboard Paste Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ghess
323 Views, 1 Reply

Clipboard Paste Issue

I have had this issue with Mechanical 2007 thru 2014 on various computers.  I start up the ACAD and proceed to perform drawing tasks.  The first time I use the Clipboard (right click with mouse) to copy and then paste to a different drawing, the paste commands are gray and can't be used.  I have to shut down the ACAD and start it back up.  Right click again and then the paste commands are working.  The object(s) copied are still in the Clipboard and available to paste.  The copy/paste works fine after this.  It's just a minor annoyance, but I would like to have a solution for this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: ghess

COPYCLIP command creates a DWG file in your Windows login profile's temp folder: works exactly like WBLOCK command.
If AutoCAD cannot overwrite the file when you use the command it does what you've experienced.
For you restarting AutoCAD is the fix: for others it can be as dramatic as restarting Windows.
One anecdotal fix: regularly empty that temp folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost