AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING DIMENSION COLOR

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Beauand
54076 Views, 8 Replies

CHANGING DIMENSION COLOR

This may be a really bad question. But I want to change the default color of the dimension text from yellow to any other color. I dont know how to do this. I have when to dimension style and all that and clicked on the text tab and changed the color and the when I click set current it still does not update on the drawing. I was wondering if anybody can offer help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
michaelsu
in reply to: Beauand

Hi,

What dimension style is using for existing dimensions in the drawing? Is it using the current dimension style you set in Dimension Style Manager?

If you want existing dimensions to update the current dimension style, you can use "-DIMSTYLE" and use Apply option and then select the dimensions to update.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
aroberts

To change dimension text from yellow (the most horrible selection of a color because you can barely read it when printed), type "DDIM" on your command line.  This will bring up Dimension Style Manager.  Select the "Modify" button, which will bring up an Overide Current Style Dialog box.  Select "Text" tab, from here you can pick whatever colors you want.

Message 4 of 9
michaelsu
in reply to: aroberts

Hi,

As for the color in dimension text, have you tried to use LightBackground template, like am_iso_lbg.dwt, acadiso_lbg.dwt? In those templates, the default color of dimension text is 140 so you should be able to see it in layout.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 9
shaheenmongam

I dont know the direct method to do that. But you can do like this as described below

1. go to dimension style, modify dimstyle to required one, set current

2. now do the dimensioning anywhere in your drawing -  appearing dimstyle will be new one

3. type MA command (for MATCHING), select your new dimension, then select the entire drawing!!

IT WILL UPDATE THE WHOLE DRAWING TO NEW DIMENSION STYLE!! THERE U GO!

Message 6 of 9
steve216586

If you are using Mechanical dimensions you must go into OPTIONS then select the Mechanical Standards tab. Right click (double click) on dimensions and another dialog will open where you can designate default color of lines, terminators, extension lines, text etc.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 7 of 9
infiniteprods
in reply to: steve216586

ARGH. HOURS WITH THIS.  Finally got it to work after figuring out the MATCHPROP command...

Message 8 of 9
veegerP7GS8

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-mechanical-forum/changing-dimension-color/m-p/3553680

Using ACAD Mech 2018 and when I try either of these solutions it changes the dimensions of everything in the drawing by half. We have over 300+ files that were all done this way with yellow color and I am asked to print them for other people so been looking for solution to this. Even if I could set options or something. Attached a zip file of 1 dwg

Message 9 of 9
veegerP7GS8
in reply to: veegerP7GS8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost