AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer/fillet original length?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thomasjlandry
1222 Views, 3 Replies

Chamfer/fillet original length?

Ok, I'm dealing with the other quirks in Mechanical 2011 (auto viewport minimize, inability to de-select, etc), but this one is really bothering me.  I think the last release did it, too.  Problem is this: 

Some of the time, when chamfering or putting a fillet on two lines, it asks me to select a line to make original length.  Cannot figure out why it does it some times but not others.  I rarely have one chamfer to perform, it's usually 2 or 4, and I used to just select each pair of lines in turn and I"m done.  Now, every once in awhile, I'm clicking along and one nicely chamfered lines sprouts out to it's original length!  I am missing a setting or something? 

Command lines:

Command: cha
CHA (Distances method)(Dimension mode:OFF)(Trim mode) Current chamfer setting =
Select first object or [Polyline/Setup/add Dimension]: <Setup>
Select second object or <Return for polyline>:
Select object to create original length:

What POSSIBLE use is a built-in partial Undo command?  Why would I want something chamfered, then change my mind and want it half-chamfered???  And why does it only do it some of the time?  (Actually, 90% of chamfers and 50% of fillets ask me to Select object to create original length).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadenza
in reply to: thomasjlandry

It's down to one of those mind boggling changes that the developers of AM make that turns a perfectly usable command in to something that makes you go "WTF"

I would recommend changing the function amfillet2d to good old standard fillet.

Unfortunatly they have changed the radius option to setup which jusr adds extra clicks into setting the required radius value

Message 3 of 4
ukrainian
in reply to: thomasjlandry

[quote]Some of the time, when chamfering or putting a fillet on two lines, it asks me to select a line to make original length. Cannot figure out why it does it some times but not others. I rarely have one chamfer to perform, it's usually 2 or 4, and I used to just select each pair of lines in turn and I"m done. Now, every once in awhile, I'm clicking along and one nicely chamfered lines sprouts out to it's original length! I am missing a setting or something?

Command lines:

Command: cha
CHA (Distances method)(Dimension modeFF)(Trim mode) Current chamfer setting =
Select first object or [Polyline/Setup/add Dimension]: <Setup>
Select second object or <Return for polyline>:
Select object to create original length:[/quote]

Just press Enter and select another pair of lines.

[quote] (Actually, 90% of chamfers and 50% of fillets ask me to Select object to create original length). [/quote]

__________________________________________________________________________________________

When you make champfers on a polylane you have not problems ( correspondingly 10% and 50%). So when you make champfers the lines you must press Enter if you don't want to create original length some of lines.

Message 4 of 4
acwtzwegers
in reply to: ukrainian

Anyone found a way to turn this terrible bug (oh wait... "feature") off by default?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost