AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

centerline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
669 Views, 4 Replies

centerline

i recently loaded Autocad Mechanical 2009. We were using 2008. the command to draw centerlines "AMCENINBET" appears to have been deleted. it was very useful. does anyone know how to gert theis command to work in 2009 or a lisp routine to do the same thing.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AMCENINBET
command is not deleted in Autocad Mechanical 2009. Do you see
the error "Specified file does not exist:gencen" in the command window? If
so, you may want to check if "gencen.lsp" exist in your installed folder,
"ACADM 2009\Acadm\gen\".

Thanks,

Kar Poh

Software Engineer

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
i
recently loaded Autocad Mechanical 2009. We were using 2008. the command to
draw centerlines "AMCENINBET" appears to have been deleted. it was very
useful. does anyone know how to gert theis command to work in 2009 or a lisp
routine to do the same thing.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have another question about this command. I am also using Acad 2009 Mechanical, and find it useful. BUT... is there a setting to define the layer that the centre-line is placed on? I want it to be placed on my company standard Centre-line layer, not AM_7, or whatever it is. Is this possible? Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
michaelsu

Hi,

Yes, it's possible.

You can go to Object Property Settings to change it by Options dialog->AM:Standards tab->Double click Standard node->Click Settings in Standard Settings dialog.

In the Object Property Settings dialog, select Drafting and find Centerline, narrow, then change the layer from AM_7 to the one you like. Ok all dialogs.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have a lisp routine for making center lines out of other lines, it changes the Linetype to center and the color to red. It does not change its layer though it could be made to do so. I am more curious as to why your company has a standard layer called center line. I am also wondering if you have a standard layer called hidden, if so I may be able to increase your production by changing the way you do things. I am 65 and retired but have been using autocrat since version 2.3 or something like that. I was also a job shopper and everywhere I went I was about twice as fast as the company's best man. This is strictly due to technique . I found out about autolisp early and I have rarely used a button or icon or tablet since. ALL my  commands are input at the keyboard. 1,2 sometimes 3 letters. I have no
menus on my screen. Most autocadders have no idea what I'm doing when they watch me work. I have a list routine called (rc) stands for rotate crosshairs. Select a line and the crosshairs align with the line. Turn on ortho and all lines

will align with the selected line. It does  not work with text but it could. if interested let me know and I will write the program and send it to you'

best regards

Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost