AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot join polylines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KevinMacDonald
2443 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot join polylines

This appears to be a very old, common, tired problem. But I am unable to solve it. Please see the attached file produced in Autocad Mechanical 2013. I am working in 3D. I reduced it down to two problematic lines that I cannot join using PEDIT. I believe I have moved all the lines to Z = zero but am still unable to join them in order to extrude that profile. I have loaded the Express Tools, but the FLATTEN command is not present. The end points should be exactly aligned because the profile was made with the TRIM command. I would be VERY interested to know what the problem here is

Thanks

Inventor 2013
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

That's your issue. Your flatten command isn't working. Are you sure your Express Tools are loaded? Refer to:http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Using-a...

I've attached the joined drawing.

I am getting errors when attempting to install the Express Tools. I've attached some screen shots showing the issue. I have my installation thumbdrive inserted, and when I run the installation I direct it to the correct folder on the thumbrive, but then it throws the error as shown in the screen shot:

Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 Language Pack - English. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

My Autocad installation works just fine except for this issue. I have of course tried uninstalling and re-installing the express tools. I have NOT tried to uninstall/reinstall all of AutoCAD. I'm really hoping to avoid that.

Thanks

Inventor 2013
Message 4 of 4

I worked around this problem by copying the entire contents of the Autodesk thumb drive (25 GB) to my hard drive, and then pointing the installer at the correct location there. That seemed to work OK. I was then able to install the express tools without error, and then followed the instructions in the link you provided to get them working in Autocad. 

Quite a rigmarole to get these working, for me and many many others. Since the tools come bundled with AutoCAD at time of purchase, and with them being so popular, one might wonder at them not simply being installed by default.

Thanks for the help. 

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost