AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

AutoCAD Mechanical General Discussion

JamesCutler7531
Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)

Cannot install AutoCAD mechanical 2010 on Windows 7 64bit SP1

486 Views, 1 Replies
02-23-2012 04:51 AM

When I try to install the suite I get the error: "the system cannot open the file specified" I cannot recall the file it cant find but I know it is there on the CD. So as a work around I installed each part of the suite individually. Then when I finally got to installing AutoCAD mechanical I get the error:

"the system cannot open the file specified............acad.mst" I hav tried installing off the disc, off the local drive. Same issue occurs. I am logged in as admin, UAC is off. Brand new laptop only a couple of days old. 

It says here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14053691&linkID=9240897 that it should work :smileysad:

Tried re-installing .net framework to see if it was that but to no avail. 

Employee
michaelsu
Message 2 of 2 (399 Views)

Re: Cannot install AutoCAD mechanical 2010 on Windows 7 64bit SP1

04-10-2012 08:55 PM in reply to: JamesCutler7531

Hi,

I am wondering whether the install media is corrupt or not? Maybe you can request a install media and try.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!