AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cadworx splash/profile loads on top of CADPIPE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
898 Views, 3 Replies

Cadworx splash/profile loads on top of CADPIPE

Ok heres the deal, at my company we used Autocad Mechanical 2011, We also use CADPIPE Gen 2.3 and CADWORX 2012

The problem that we have is whenever we open Cadpipe from the Control Center, it automatically will load a mechanical splash screen + a CADWORX splash screen.

The only way to get rid of the cadworx splash screen is to load Autocad 2011 "Vanilla" before launching the drawing from the CADPIPE control center.

There has GOT to be a way to always have CADPIPE run on top of just autocad vanilla profile.  We dont not want anything to do with cadworx or mechanical autocad to load on top of the cadpipe software.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Profile control, along with proper location of the ACAD.RX files (plural) to control loading of the respetive ARX files.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Is there any way you could walk me through a few steps? I would not consider myself to be an expert autocad user.

But most definitely an expert at following directions and very familliar with doing anything on the computer, Thanks in advance, i have searched the internet very much before this post and really couldnt find any solutions at all. 

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

CADWorx (and probably CADPIPE as well), as separate programs, should have their own AutoCAD profile.  When you launch CADWorx from the desktop icon, it will have some extra arguments such as \p "CADWorx_Plant_2014".  This tells AutoCAD which profile to start with.  AutoCAD profiles control settings, in this case the important part are the search paths which are shown in the Options dialog.  Those search paths are used in part to determine where it finds certain support files, like the CADWorx ARX file, the supporting data files, and the Main and Enterprise CUIx files.

In addition to the profile name, there may be an additional argument for \ld "BlahBlahBlah.dbx".  This tells AutoCAD to load a specific DBX file, usually for a vertical product such as Mechanical.  This file is what provides all those extras in the vertical.

By carefully structuring the profiles, and calling them through various desktop shortcuts, the user can determine which application is launched.  The CADWorx Plant profile won't have any of the CADPIPE folders, and vice versa.

With me so far?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost