AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new to 2015 AutoCAD Mechanical and lost

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
YARGNAIRB
382 Views, 2 Replies

Brand new to 2015 AutoCAD Mechanical and lost

Not new to AutoCAD Mechanical, but brand new to 2015 Mechanical and lost. Why am I only able to copy one entity at a time? Also, I can't get my quickcalc to expand height-wise. It's collapsed to the point that I can't read parts of it and I've tried everything I know to pull it down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acwtzwegers
in reply to: YARGNAIRB

On average: The autoCAD Mechanical "Power" tools will only work on 1 object at a time, and will not (truely) accept pre-selection.

This means that if you use the "powercopy" (ampowercopy), it will only work on 1 object at a time (or will use the last object of a pre-selected group).

The same applies to the power explode, delete etc.

The "power" bit on the name is however not fully ironic: these functions are meant to deal with the particular Mechanical objects and situations (like hidden parts of lines behind a mechanical content object)

When you are working with non-mechanical objects (like regular lines etc), use the regular autocad fuctions, like "copy" (the icons in the ribbon without a lightning bolt) to get the behaviour that you are used to.

Message 3 of 3
YARGNAIRB
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Thank You So Much ACWT, your explanation helped me figure things out that weren't making sense to me. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost