AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM - How to show MEASUREMENT TO feet and inches and UNIT to ft?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
WELL-LALAT
2453 Views, 2 Replies

BOM - How to show MEASUREMENT TO feet and inches and UNIT to ft?

How can I make my BOM "MEASUREMENT" column as feet and inches and "UNIT" column as ft. not ea.

please see attached file showing LENGTH in decimal and UNITS as ea. Please help.

Well-Lalat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Lalat,

Measurement column cannot be represented in Feet and Inches. It's always decimal. However, if you wish to manually key in the values as shown below, you may switch the "Data Type" in the BOM Settings dialog box for Measurement.

BOM.png

For UNITS column, Standard content will be automatically updated as shown above and is hard coded.  For custom content and part refrences, you may click the Units dropdown and change the Units type as shown for Part-1

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3

Sridhar,

What the company needs is to get Feet & Inches value in "MEASUREMENT" column and "ft" in "UNITS" column not "ea".

1. The measurement is automatically updated as I drag the blue arrow of the stretchable content block, it just need to convert into feet and inches value (see first attachment)

2. Also, have you noticed the "UNITS" tab, it is locked (gray color) and it says "ea". I tried to find out how can I change it to "FT" value but it is locked in the "BOM settings" and column "set value" setting (see attachment 2 & 3)

Please let me know how I can change the "UNITS" into "ft" value and if you have any "OTHER" suggestions on how I can convert the "MEASUREMENT" to feet inches value.

Please keep in mind that the measurement is automatically updated as I drag the blue arrow of the stretchable block.

Thank you again for your fast reaponse and I really appreciate it.

Lalat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost