AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad not creating registry entries on install.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
earl.klebs
552 Views, 0 Replies

Autocad not creating registry entries on install.

I'm installing Autocad Mechanical 2010 on a Windows 7 machine.  Client has been made admin and we are installing it as them so everything should be created in their user profile.  However, after installation it errors out at launch with the "Unable to run AutoCAD.  This may be due to one of the following reasons: 1) Not installed..2)Insufficient rights..."

I looked in the registry and there is no "Autodesk" folder under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.  I've done a full uninstall of the program as specified in the PDF document supplied by Autodesk and done a reinstall as the user after making them admin but still get the same error message and no registry key.  However, there is an "Autodesk" key under HKLM\Software.

Is there an executable or a registry file I can import that will write that folder to the registry?  I can alter the path names so they reflect the users profile name. 

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost