AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP issue - AREA tool not executing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
795 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD MEP issue - AREA tool not executing

This problem occurs only while I attempt to measure areas in an architects model, using of course the AREA command.

I've seen this issue on several forums but none of them have offered any satisfying solution, only workarounds.

What happens is that the command lets me pick points to create an area to be measured, but when I've defined the zone the command won't execute as usual by pressing return/space.

I only get 

Specify next point or [Arc/Length/Undo]:

And not

Specify next point or [Arc/Length/Undo/Total] <Total>

This occurs in WCS, usually when the model is somewhere far off from the center point (like 9999E10, 6969E9, 0 or similar). It still won't execute if i create an UCS close to the model.

Some clues:

If I enlarge the measured area drastically, sooner or later it will let me calculate the <Total>

If I move the model to (0,0,0) and try to measure the area, it works just fine

I suspect that the program can't calculate small areas working with big numbers, but that's just a half-educated guess.

Right now I've "solved" this by either moving the model for measuring, or drawing polylines and getting the area from the properties window, but neither are especially time effective.

Has anyone encountered this, or better yet solved it? 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost