AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical Profile Reset - Boots up as AutoCAD Classic.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bjulialynn
2464 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical Profile Reset - Boots up as AutoCAD Classic.

So I've searched discussion boards and forums far and wide and tried all of the possible solutions to this issue.

I reset my <<ACADMPP>> profile in AutoCAD Mechanical 2010, trying to revert back some of the settings I changed. After doing this, I closed out of AutoCAD and didn't think much of it. After starting the program back up to use though, I noticed the Mechanical features/funtions were missing. I investigated further, going to my workspaces, I noticed all Mechanical workspaces were gone and had been replaced with the standard AutoCAD options (AutoCAD Classic, 2D Drafting and Annotation, & 3D Modeling). I finally realized that my AutoCAD Mechanical is booting up as AutoCAD Classic (the bar up top even says "AutoCAD 2010"). My target is set correctly, ("C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ACADM 2010\acad.exe"  /p <<ACADMPP>>) and I've already attempted the fix where you delete the profile you want back, and then reboot the program so it forces it to reboot the profile.

Is there any other solutions that anyone can think of for this issue?

I would do a repair install, but don't currently have the disc. I guess I'll wait it out and do that there's nothing else I can try.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michaelsu
in reply to: bjulialynn

Hi,

If you reset <<ACADMPP>> profile in Option dialog, it will reset to Vanilla AutoCAD profile. Since you are using AutoCAD Mechanical 2010, you can only try repair or re-install.

From 2012 release, there is a new function "Reset Settings to Default" in Start menu so you can always restore the default settings in case settings are ruined unexpectedly.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
bjulialynn
in reply to: michaelsu

I'll hopefully have a chance to do this today, thank you for your solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost