AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Mechanical Desktop Shortcut to open Standard AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
david.peacock
1183 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad Mechanical Desktop Shortcut to open Standard AutoCAD

I'm creating some AutoCAD Mechanical Deplyments from a network licence. However I want to create a shortcut that opens AutoCAD not AutoCAD Mechanical from the deployment. So when they are installed I dont have to create a new shortcut on each user's PC. However when I try to create a custom shortcut I keep getting the error that the parameter is wrong (which was just the path with the profile VANILLA). And there is no install AutoCAD with a desktop icon like there is in this video for the Artichture one, at 0.46.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fGoZWJmnAw

Can someone tell me how to make this shortcut from the deployment noy after it has installed? Thanks. Screen shots would be very useful aswell or a step by step.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Actually, if each user goes to Start-->All Programs-->Autodesk-->AutoCAD Mechanical, there should be a separate shortcut key for AutoCAD and a separate one for AutoCAD Mechanical. Launching AutoCAD this way does not add on the vertical product, whereas launching Mechanical does, and just changing the profile within it to Vanilla doesn't remove some of the different ways mechanical handles such things as the fillet command, or the way matching properties even matches text strings.

I think you can right-click each launcher and create a shortcut button that can then be dragged onto the desktop. Additionally, recently used programs show up in the Start menu and can be pinned to it for quick starts....

Fifty cents please lol 😉

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 3

Yeah, I know how to do that but i'm wanting to do it within the setup process of deployment. So I dont need to go along each and every PC to make a shortcut. I want the shortcut to appear during installation, then it makes my life easier so I don't need to go through each one to make the shortcut.
Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost