AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 Freezes on Different Computers with Hyperlinks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
451 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 Freezes on Different Computers with Hyperlinks

All,

This is one of the strangest situations I have run across.  When I was working with a group of users, had a situation where opening a drawing from a hyperlink (both within AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 and from Excel) on one computer would cause ACADM 2015 to freeze on a different computer for 10 - 20 seconds and then things would be back to normal...

I made sure to add a file support path directly to the files that the freezing machine was accessing (even though there current support paths had that location covered) to no avail.

Then I closed all the drawings from the network location and that didn't seem to make a difference.

An odd thing occurred, that the first computer stopped affecting the frozen computer and then a third computer started to have the affect of freezing the frozen computer.

I am thinking this has more to do with the network, but I am not sure where to begin.  The installations are standalone, so I don't think that is the issue and they weren't accessing the same files at the same time or anything like that.  Has anyone run across this before and have any advice?  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rg97
in reply to: petestrycharske

Are all of your users using a different seat of AutoCAD?

Message 3 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: rg97

rg97,

Yes, they all have their own seat of AutoCAD.  It is a multi-seat standalone license, but they have a distinct installation on each of their computers.  We do not operate through a terminal service or anything like that.  Hope that helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost