AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 Autotracking not functioning without Dynamic Input

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AndrewFoxcroft9963
651 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 Autotracking not functioning without Dynamic Input

Just started using Mechanical 2014 and I was playing about with Dynamic Input tooltip appearance in Options.

Now I find that auto-tracking will not work correctly without Dynamic Input turned on. I reset to the default settings, everything was OK for a while but now it's gone again.

Example: I draw two circles and then a line 150mm from the centre of the first circle. The line starts 150mm from the centre of the second circle - I assume that it's reading the last point of input, rather than the end of the line.

Has anybody suffered the same problem or got any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

This has been registered and tracked by our development team. The issue appears mainly when the command line is floating, not firmly docked and also in other cases when the dynamic input is OFF.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 7
ATFB
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Hi is anything being done about this? Has there been any updates for AutoCAD Mechanical to resolve the issue?

I use the Autotrack Tooltip all the time in my work and it's also gone from my screen, very frustrating.

Message 4 of 7
AndrewFoxcroft9963
in reply to: ATFB

It was loggedby Autodesk but no remedy so far.

It still happens as it did almost 12 months ago.

Message 5 of 7

This was the information I sent to Autodesk - it describes the problem in more detail.

"From playing a little between Mechanical 2012 and 2014 I have found the following:

In Mech 2012 the tracking vector remains on the screen when the distance is entered on the keyboard. Pressing enter will then locate the cursor that distance away from the reference Osnap.

In Mech 2014 when the numbers are entered on the keyboard the tracking vector disappears from the screen so the cursor goes roughly in that direction. It it is necessary to hover over the Osnap again to recreate the tracking vector. Or enter the distance before picking the reference Osnap.

It feels very unnatural to enter the distance before picking the reference point.

We have four machines on the office and this situation exists on the two that have Mech 2014 installed, so I would think it is not a user profile issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Mech 2014 with no change".

Message 6 of 7

Still having this issue in 2015. When the toolbar is floating autotrack does not work properly.

Message 7 of 7
chagga
in reply to: stephenputnam

I had this very annoying issue in Autocad. Go to options/draughting then 'Draughting tooltip settings'. In there my text size was set to -1 for some reason. I changed it to 1 and now it's all working again. Hoorah!

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost