AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Mechanical 2013 Section Plane Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3093 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad Mechanical 2013 Section Plane Problem

Hello I am useing Autocad Mechanical 2013 and overall I am somewhat pleased with the program. I am also a 2013 Inventor user so I am VERY pleased and impressed with the 3d solid modeling cabalities within Inventor,  So I have created this 3d solid model in autocad and went to use the SectionPlane command and it doesn't seem to want to work.

The first time I tried it the preview of the section plane actually came up in the window............But everytime I hit the button on the ribbon or even type the command I get a " UNKNOWN COMMAND"  As far as I can tell there is no setvar that turns the command on or  off so I am extremly curious why it is not a functional command.

Can any one answer this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also had the same problem as you, I went to the following thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Mechanical/Sectionplane/td-p/3115372 and followed the information given by Vickimcl but change R18.2 to R19.0 and ACAD-A005:409 to ACAD-B005:409 and you should fix your problem (it did for me)

Best of Luck

Bolters

Message 3 of 5
michaelsu

Hi,

This issue has been logged as a wish item in our issue tracking system and notified the development team.

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 4 of 5
ramosarmando66

It does not work in Autodesk Mechanical, however, it does work in Autocad.

Message 5 of 5
michaelsu
in reply to: ramosarmando66

Hi,

Just to clarify a little bit. This has been actually documented in Help doc that. AutoCAD features that behave differently in AutoCAD Mechanical. see the extraction below.

-------------------

The following commands have an adverse effect on Inventor Linked models. They are hence blocked from AutoCAD Mechanical

• SECTIONPLANE
  • SECTIONPLANEJOG
  • SECTIONPLANESETTINGS
  • SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK

http://docs.autodesk.com/AMECH_PP/2013/ENU/filesACM/GUID-7B1C5317-E960-49C8-A2F0-D32E2D6F4BA1.htm

Thanks.
Michael Su
SQA Engineer
Autodesk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost