AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mechanical 2013 copy & paste to ver 2012 sketch was pasted as object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shanghuazhi
734 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Mechanical 2013 copy & paste to ver 2012 sketch was pasted as object

When I use autocad mechanical 2013 to copy some lines to autocad mechacal version 2012 using ctr+C copyclip and ctr+P pasteclip, for previous version the the line will be still a line in the lower version., but now it will be inserted as an object/ May I know what is the reason?

Same problem when I copy some sketch to Solidworks, with old version I can copy the sketch into solkdworks directly, but now it now working? Why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It seems like there is an issue in AutoCAD 2013. I have already reported this to our development team. I will keep you posted once I have some updates.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

Are you using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Then it will paste as OLE. This is as designed and it works the same in 2012. I also checked the same in 2008. Could you please tell us the older version in which it used to work differently.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 4 of 4
shanghuazhi
in reply to: shanghuazhi

I'm using autocad mechanical 2012 and 2013. I've using version 2012 for long time lready. Never meet this problem. Yes I'm using Ctr+c and Crt+v. But In previous version this problem will not hapen. And also if I copy and past a sket from Autocad to Solidworks 2D sketch. Version 2012 is possible to copy directly. but in version 2013 I can not do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost