AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Mechanical 2011 - Content Library error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sejohny
1951 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Mechanical 2011 - Content Library error

I have been using Autocad mech 2009 until I upgraded to 2011 a month back. When I try to open content library, a popup window says that "Autocad Mechanical is unable to locate parts /features for selection. Invoke content manager and make sure you have libraries loaded under standard content". To solve this issue I have tried to update the links for the content libraries, also installed the update " acm2011update1" but still getting the error. I am on winxp. Any ideas on this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

This happens due to profile corruption. Either you can create a new user account and run AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 on it or you can initiate secondary installer on the current account.

1. Exit out of AutoCAD Mechanical 2011.

2. Export your current settings to save them as a back-up. Do this by going to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Mechanical 2011> Migrate Custom Settings > Export AutoCAD 2011 Settings.

3. Delete the following folders (you will need to turn on hidden files/folders to see them):

For Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

For Vista or Windows 7:
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2011

4. Hit WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, enter REGEDIT and click OK.

5. Delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9005:409

6. Launch AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 to have it rebuild its settings files.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost