AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 Crashes on File Open

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Markjlsr
487 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 Crashes on File Open

I am Cad Manager over 30+ work stations all with AutoCad Mechanical 2009. I have 5 users (at this moment) that are crashing when simply doing a "file open". Each station with the problem has Windows 7 with 64bit systems, running 64bit AutoCad Mechanical with SP3. I am finding numerous reports of this problem while searching for a solution.  I have turned the recent files in options to "0", I have checked the acdb17.dll file version.  These seemed to have started within the past few weeks and the number has grown in the last few days. Is there a fix for this?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: Markjlsr

Hi,

AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 was the first version to support Windows 7.  Please find below link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14053691&linkID=9240897

This could be one route cause for the crash.

Thanks,

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 3
hsr6505
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Just the like user who initiated this thread I have serveral users who have been and are working with 2009SP3 Mech and Windows 7.   I have two users who are getting the FATAL Exeception Error all of sudden.  It was working for them too.  Is there anything you recommend I can try to resolve this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost