AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 SP1 Hotfix 2 is available for download

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
344 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 SP1 Hotfix 2 is available for download

A new hotfix for MDT 2005 SP1 is now available for download from the Autodesk website at the following location: http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=DL4791806 Autodesk strongly encourages you to install this hotfix ASAP. Thanks -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
anderson51
in reply to: Anonymous

What are these hot fixes for, how do i tell if the SP1 has been installed? Do you have to do them in order
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

To determine the patch level you are running, run the AMVER command. It will report 2005 SP1.2 if you are on the most current release. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 8
anderson51

AutoCAD(R) Mechanical 2005. However, I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 already installed and was told that it was a pain to uninstall? Is this true? That AutoCAD Mechanical SP would be nice, since the BOM is in need of a fix.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Windows XP SP2 users that would like to install ACAD E, ACAD M, or ACM/MDT (as part of AIS or AIP) need to first apply a special hotfix from Microsoft. At this point, users can obtain the hotfix by calling Microsoft and requesting knowledgebase # 885898. This is a free support call. Users can find the appropriate Microsoft support number by following the process outlined below. US and Canada: Microsoft Support Customer Care: Phone: 1-800-936-3500 All other Countries: Visit http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx Choose the appropriate Country Choose "Contact Microsoft" on the left tab Follow the prompts to obtain the appropriate phone number
Message 6 of 8
anderson51

I'm a little confused about your response, I have Windows XP w/ SP2 and already have Acad Mechanical 2005 installed. Is this special hot fix for the Mechanical Service pack 1? Do I still need to uninstall the XP Service pack 2?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

There are few different options: 1) You can ignore the service pack and the hotfix and continue to run with your unpatched install of AutoCAD Mechanical 2005. Not something I would recommend. 2) You can uninstall Windows XP SP2, then install the AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 service packs and hotfix, and then re-install the Windows XP SP2. 3) You can install the AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 service packs and hotfix on your current configuration. Just be prepared for the install to run several hours before it finishes. 4) You can contact Microsoft at the number I provided in my previous reply, obtain the Windows XP SP2 hotfix which addresses the install bug with the Autodesk products. Once the Microsoft hotfix is installed you can apply the AutoCAD Mechanical 2005 service packs and hotfix without the need to uninstall Windows XP SP2 and no long wait time for the installs to run. -- Mike Dickason Developer Manufacturing Solutions Division Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
anderson51

Thanks for the quick response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost