AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mech. 2012 text fit problem in part list

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MaartenElings
1475 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Mech. 2012 text fit problem in part list

Dear all,

A few weeks ago we upgraded all the computers at our office from mechanical 2010 to mechanical 2012.

The First weeks were flawless. However about a week ago a problem started to occur with our part list.

Because our material description is often larger then the amount of characters the ‘cell’ would fit we have changed the “Data Control” in the part list settings to Fit (instead of the default: "wrap").

This works for most cases however from time to time the larger texts collapse (see attachment).

However when we print this drawing the texts appear normal. Even when I open the same drawing on another machine is usually displays normaly until something changes in the list.

In an attempt to resolve this, I have updated all the machines to the latest Autodesk certified nvidia quadro drives with no luck

Besides using ‘wrap’ instead of ‘fit’ is there any solution for this?

With kind regards,

Maarten Elings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Maarten Elings,

I tired to replicate the issue and was unsuccessful.

Can you please attach a sample drawing which has this issue.  You may also send it to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 4

Dear Sridhar,

Thank you for your reply.

A moment ago the ‘fit’ problem occurred again on a colleagues computer.

The weird thing is: when I open the drawing the text appears normal for me, for a while that is. Same thing goes for my colleague but only when he restarts Mechanical and reopens the drawing.

When I alter the drawing it could (but does not always!) happen again.

My colleague mentioned that when he zoomed in to the text a number prior to the material description appears: ,814701; (see attachment) followed by the material description S355NL/34J@-40.

In the attachment you will find the following:

-          a screenshot made by my colleague of the parts list with the text all pushed together;

-          and a zoomed in screenshot of the material description showing the number prior to the material description;

-          I’ve emailed you the drawing where the problem occurred the last time.

At our office we all work on the same kind of workstations with the following specifications:

-          Intel Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz

-          Windows XP x86

-          NVIDIA Quadro FX 540  using the latest certified drivers (265.70).

Thanks in advance for your help.

With kind regards,

Maarten Elings

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4

Dear all,

I managed to solve the problem by unchecking "Maintain visual fidelity for annotative objects" under OPtions/Open and Save.

Regards,

Maarten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost