AutoCAD Mechanical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Mech 2009 Viewports dissappear when i re-open dwg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Todzilla60
568 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCad Mech 2009 Viewports dissappear when i re-open dwg

Autocad Mechanical 2009, i create a dwg (model space), go to layout (paper space), create viewport using "AMDWGVIEW" in the "Drawing Layout" toolbar . save dwg, close dwg, re open dwg and viewport is gone... dimensions, balloons, text, etc. are still there, but viewports are not there... does anyone know how to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,
Does model space contain 3D entities or inventor linked parts? If not, amdwgview command is used to create 2D views of 3D model. If the model space contain only 2D entities, use command amscarea (Ribbon: Annotation Tab>>Layout Panel>>Viewport/Scale Area)
Let me know if this helps?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 8
Todzilla60
in reply to: Todzilla60

yes the model does contain 3d intities...
Message 4 of 8

can you send a sample drawing file to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 8
Todzilla60

okay i sent you a sample drawing, email subject titled "amdwgview" thanks...
Message 6 of 8

Todd,
I could narrow down the issue. Looks like, you have set default SaveAs option to "AutoCAD 2004 drawing" in the options>>Save Tab.
On the empty drawing you sent, I created a simple BOX>>2 views using amdwgview command>>Save the drawing in mechanical format (i.e., AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 format)>>Close and reopen the drawing. The views were in place.
Repeat above steps with default SaveAs option set to "AutoCAD 2004 drawing">>the views disappear. This is because the file is saved in vanilla AutoCAD format and mechanical views are not retained.
To fixed this issue, refer below link.
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=754679
Thanks,
Sridhar

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 8
Todzilla60

that fixed the problem... thanks so much...
Message 8 of 8
RTPrider

What is the purpose of having a different kind of viewport for Mechanical? Why not upgrade the standard AutoCAD viewport instead of making a second type?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost